Let the [Apple] media tell it and you’ll believe Samsung copied Apple’s “Hello” commercial but…then again…the original iPhone commercial was a rip off.
Will Park way back in the olden days of 2007 wrote Apple Ripped Off Their 2007 Oscar’s iPhone Commercial which had this quote from Christian Marclay regarding Telephones from 1995 and how Apple handled it:
So, according to Marclay, Apple “approached us [about using Telephones] and I said no, and then they just went ahead. The way they dealt with the whole thing is pretty sleazy.”
Guess it is a copy of a rip off.
In response to:
- TUAW: Samsung’s Galaxy Gear ad resembles Apple’s ‘Hello’ spot
- TechCrunch: Was Samsung’s Galaxy Gear Spot Inspired By Apple’s iPhone ‘Hello’?
- Loop Insight: Samsung copies Apple again
- Obama Packman [linked from Loop Insight]: Samsung Galaxy Gear ad copies original iPhone ad from 2007 [SameSung]
- iMore: Samsung Galaxy Gear ad looks awfully familiar
- Daring Fireball: Acclaim for New Samsung Galaxy Gear Commercial
Ok, that’s enough. I think you get the idea.