BlackBerry Playbook may be a hit…start dev’ing!!
I’m impressed. BlackBerry devices have never been a desire of mine but I find myself seriously considering putting my Galaxy Tab and iPad desires on hold to see where Blackberry stands price-wise.
What’s most impressive is the Playbook runs on the Adobe AIR runtime. This means AIR developers are 90% prepared to build these apps. I give the other 10% to learning the dev approach [simulator, signing, sdk, etc]. I predict the Playbook as being a big deal very soon.
I wanted to post links to dev resources so you can get started developing or porting current apps to the Playbook:
- Flash Platform Development for BlackBerry Tablet OS [link]
- BlackBerry Developer’s Blog [link]
- Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR [link]
That’s a great start but what is even better is the promotion RIM is running to help entice us to start dev’ing Playbook apps: BlackBerry PlayBook Developer Promotion Information. Here is the skinny on the promotion:
“…the plan is to provide one free BlackBerry PlayBook to every registered vendor with a BlackBerry App World-approved AIR application that is available for the BlackBerry PlayBook prior to launch.”
Now, who says the Flash Platform is going to die? 😉 Rock on RIM!